[Asterisk-Dev] IAX to zaptel echo

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Aug 21 09:32:49 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 11:10, John James wrote:
> Out of curiosity, isn't echo a function of delay?  It sounds like Claude may be running a this on a small development LAN which should have low latency.  Does anyone know if Asterisk introduces enough latency to cause echo?

It can, remember there is a buffer to compensate for slow packets, and
then you have time running through the echo canceler. Our PtP T1 with
normally only 4ms of latency was enough to cause the jitter buffer to
misbehave and cause sound loss. I'm sure there are occasions where a lan
causes similar problems.