[Asterisk-Dev] qualify=y vs Grandstream

John Vozza john at netrom.com
Thu Aug 21 05:03:11 MST 2003

I recently purchased 4 Grandstream 101's and while they have been a little
quirky I've been generally OK with them.

One serious problem I was having was hard lockups of the phones 5 or more
times a day. I also use some ATA186's and have phones on digium cards and
they never lock up so I assumed the Grandstreams were the problem.

A call to Grandstream tech support was greeted with complete surprise that
the phones would lock up so often. (There's a surprise :)

Anyway, I found that changing qualify = y to n appears to have solved
the lockup problem in that I have not had one in 36 hours. When the
lockups where occurring a sip show channels would show multiple channels
open to the device when none should be open.

What info can I provide to help correct this problem? Is this worthy of
posting on bugs?

Thanks

John
NetRom Internet Services			973-208-1339 voice
john at netrom.com					973-208-0942 fax
http://www.netrom.com