[Asterisk-Dev] Web GUI

Jac Kersing j.kersing at the-box.com
Sun Aug 17 12:51:10 MST 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> How to you plan to deal with the various stupid things users are going
> to do?  Like a user call forwards their extension to some other
> extension, but that other extension is already forwarded to the user's
> extension (ie call forwarding loop)

All large commercial PABXes I've seen till today do not allow forwarded
calls to be forwarded. Very handy if two people switch desk, just cross
forward the calls and you're done.

A simple solution to this problem would be to redirect all forwarded calls
to a new context that does not allow any manipulation by users (with the
new extension of course)

Regards,

Jac

--
 Jac Kersing            Technical Consultant   The-Box Development
 j.kersing at the-box.com                         http://www.the-box.com