[Asterisk-Dev] ADSI Specs

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at souja.net
Fri Aug 15 08:53:15 MST 2003

Hey everybody.

I've been trying to use ADSI to provide a PBX-like handset.

As it stands right now, I have problems.

First, occasionally certain ADSI programs seem to crash my phones.
Interestingly, it appears to be a size issue (adding a single-line of
display causes it, removing it or a different one fixes it).  I suspect
it has something to do with being a bit fast and loose with some sort of
size limitation (may be phone specific).

Second, I've also noticed that the phones we get are already
pre-programmed.  Interestingly, they always load up the default script
(they never fall back to the "no script" default).  However, the only
way I can get our ADSI script to load automagically is to put it into a
special "Self-Load" slot.  This is problematic, as there appears to be a
delay of about 4-seconds between a reset (or hangup) and when the script
loads up.

Does anyone know how to prevent the script from being kicked with I
hangup?

If I were to buy the ADSI spec from Telcordia, which one do I need?
I've seen GR-1273-CORE (which looks like what I need), but there is also
mention of SR-2461.  Are these what I need?

I've also noted an ADSI programming tool from Black Dolphin
Technologies (bdttel.com) that will generate waveforms, but I don't see
a price and can't seem to find out if it will give me the bytecode
version.  Disturbingly, it appears that they say the have "enhanced
support" for my model of phone.  That makes me wonder...

Any ideas are appreciated.

Jayson