[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk (less hardware) ported to FreeBSD

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Sat Aug 2 09:16:45 MST 2003

i've ported asterisk to FreeBSD without hardware support.
work is moving forward on a BSD ztdummy driver.

in the process of the porting, i've found a number of instances where
there were un-initialized variables and various cosmetic changes, which
are OS independent issues.

then there are a number of "adjustments" to make the stuff compile on FreeBSD.

and i have some ideas about making the build process a little less linux
specific (ie. putting configs in /usr/local/etc/asterisk or other user
defined location).

i am not comfortable with CVS update privileges, and i wonder if an existing
developer could take me under their wing, and submit my patches on my behalf?

alternately, i can just post 'em to the list, one at a time so that each
can be reviewed before integration.

thoughts?

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          I want to live forever, or die trying.            ]