[Asterisk-Dev] Adding Unique CallID to ast_channel structure

Levent Guendogdu l.guendogdu at feature-it.com
Tue Apr 29 06:02:46 MST 2003

Hi fellas,

I am wondering if anyone ever missed some unique call id in the
ast_channel structure. Since our call center and accounting application
interfaces with *, it needs to be able to uniquely identify a call. The
channel id is not suitable for that (in SIP it is, because it carries a
unique suffix), so I am thinking about adding a unique call-id (4 bytes)
to the ast_channel structure. Every time a new channel is created, the
call-id will be incremented by one.

Any objections?

Bye,
 Levent.