[Asterisk-Dev] best approach for a new isdn driver mainly for asterisk.. ?!

George Bean gbean at puwaba.com
Mon Apr 28 16:41:05 MST 2003

Are you sure the BRI ports on those channel bank cards have an aggregate
D channels on a single time slot of the attached T1? Most American made
BRI cards are for the BRITE system that is used to transport ISDN
circuits from a switch site to a distant point, closer to the customer
termination. They put D channels from 1-4 ISDN circuits on a T1 time
slot and thus use multiple time slots for D channel information.
Asterisk can only handle D channel information on a T1 when it is in the
form of a PRI with a single aggregate D channel.

Regards,
George Bean
Puwaba Technologies