[Asterisk-Dev] em_w signalling problems

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Apr 27 19:52:56 MST 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 05:24, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> Last night I tried to upgrade my office * machine to current CVS and ran
> into some major problems.
>
> My setup is channels 13-24 are em_w channels, and 25-48 are FXSKS. The
> FXSKS lines are just fine. The EM_W lines don't seem to be answering
> since I could watch with zttool and see where the call would come in on
> one port and would not turn the lower 2 lines to 1s for the channel.
> Then it seemed that the telco shifted it to a different port to try
> again with the same result.
>
> Just to test, I went back to my copy of asterisk-ng that was running
> before the upgrade and left the zap* packages at the current CVS and all
> is working again.
>
> Mark: I tried to catch you on IRC last night while I was trying to
> diagnose the problem. I might be able to spend some time later today
> with you testing this out if you are available.

Just to help Mark out, this has been fixed. Previously em_w could be set
to immediate=yes, but now it won't wait for the DTMF if it is set that
way. Secondly, and I'm not so sure what this entailed, the DTMF buffer
wasn't initialized.  I'm not sure if Mark had to change code or not for
this, but it now works.