[Asterisk-Dev] Hangup detection using ATA186/Vonage for "backhaul?"

Jim Gottlieb jimmy-ml at nccom.com
Sun Apr 27 19:11:29 MST 2003

On 2003-04-27 at 13:38, Brian Capouch (brianc at palaver.net) wrote:

> I just got to wondering: do the ATAs not send disconnect notification at
> the hardware level like a POTS line is "supposed" to do?

They do not.  I have complained to Cisco about this, and they say that
it is a common enough complaint that the next hardware rev of the ATA
will have it, but this won't be for a while.

It _can_ be set to do polarity reversal on disconnect, but because
there is no interruption of voltage, this doesn't seem to help.