[Asterisk-Dev] Noisy TDM20

Dave Packham dave.packham at utah.edu
Sun Apr 27 17:43:13 MST 2003

I have a single line TDM card and its noisy too.  so much that my family wont use it.  I have to disconnect it when Im not testing with it.  incoming sound quialty is ok but the outbound line is unbearable.   I changed hardware to a faster CPU and some of the noise went away.  but it still not clear as the FXO lines in my house.  I emailed support at digium.com a week ago.  Ill keep you posted what they say.  Please let me know if you founfd a resoloution..  I do have a DSL (with filters) on the same line.  when I unplug the DSL cpe on my side it makes not difference, leave me wondering if it could be the signal that the CO is sending?  anyone else running theses card at home with DSL on the same line?

Dave

>>> brianc at palaver.net 4/27/2003 12:22:37 PM >>>
Mark Spencer wrote:>>I wonder how the rxgain and txgain parameters work
when there are a
>>variety of Digium devices in a given machine?  There are two X100Ps in
>>this box beyond the TDM device.  I have played around a bit with the
>>gain parameters, but nothing seems to stop the whine, and I'm afraid it
>>won't go over very well with "the public."
>

> I would not use the rxgain/txgain with the TDM400.  You can change them,
> like other zapata.conf parameters, before/after channel declarations.

Is there any way to "tweak" the sound quality?

I have two of them, both in identical machines but otherwise with all
associated peripheral equipment unique.  One of them is objectionably
noisy.  The other in no way would compete with the quality of an ATA186,
but is usable.  It clips the sound in the earpiece pretty badly though.

Hope there is some way of adjusting these things.  I don't think right
now I could give either of them to a user who would be considered
"non-beta."

Thx.

B.