[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk crashes on voicemail timeout

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun Apr 27 10:34:37 MST 2003

> My X100Ps don't detect any hangup, and so if the caller doesn't end the
> message with the pound sign then the timeout is my only protection from
> an "eternal voicemail."
>
> Starting sometime last week, and through a current CVS I got earlier
> tonight, as soon as the timeout kicks in asterisk crashes.

If you can find me on IRC, or give me a backtrace maybe I can try to see
something.

> Wondering if anyone else has either had or not had this problem to
> comment upon it.

The "right thing to do" (on my list) is to listen for silence, and when a
certain amount of silence has occured, *rewind* the stream by that amount
of silence, and truncate it, to remove the silence from the recording.
This is totally doable, I just haven't had the time yet t o do it.

Mark