[Asterisk-Dev] Noisy TDM20

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Apr 27 01:40:40 MST 2003

I got my TDM20 installed today, and callers on the far side tell me the
sound quality is pretty good.

I can't say the same on my end.  There is a constant high-pitched whine
(similar, I might add, to the way the now-decommissioned S100U sounded)
and there are various hisses and pops along the way that are a pretty
fair distraction.

On top of that, (I don't know official telco terminology for this) the
sound being fed back to the earpiece of my phone from the mike is
clipping pretty bad.

I wonder how the rxgain and txgain parameters work when there are a
variety of Digium devices in a given machine?  There are two X100Ps in
this box beyond the TDM device.  I have played around a bit with the
gain parameters, but nothing seems to stop the whine, and I'm afraid it
won't go over very well with "the public."

Thanks.

B.