[Asterisk-Dev] no audio after many transfers

Jim Gottlieb jimmy-ml at nccom.com
Sat Apr 26 13:51:09 MST 2003

On 2003-04-26 at 10:45, Mark Spencer (markster at digium.com) wrote:

> > but no audio was passed in either direction.  Doing a
> > 'restart now' makes it work again for another few hundred calls.
>
> Have you tried some more detailed debugging, like which side ceases to be
> able to send / receive audio?

I'm open to suggestions.  How should I debug this?  Neither party can
hear the other, so it seems audio is not passing in either direction.
I could stick a test set on the span, but I'm not sure what that would
prove, since I know the phone line I'm transferring to is fine
(although we normally transfer to another * box, I have set it to a
telco number for testing, with no difference).  Is there some debugging
in * I can turn on which will show packet level traces?

I've tried
debug channel Zap/49-1
debug channel Zap/1-1

but it doesn't seem to show much if anything.  Adding a bunch of 'v's
when starting the CLI shows call progress debugging, but this all looks
fine.  What debug command am I overlooking, or should I be using
strace?

> Are these all zap interfaces or what?

Yes.  They are spans connected to a T400P.  The calls come in on span 3
and go out on span 1.

Thanks for any suggestions...