[Asterisk-Dev] no audio after many transfers

Jim Gottlieb jimmy-ml at nccom.com
Sat Apr 26 00:42:43 MST 2003

On 2003-04-25 at 09:40, Tilghman Lesher (tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com) wrote:

> On Friday 25 April 2003 02:33, Jim Gottlieb wrote:
>
> > This works fine for the first 50 or so calls, then the
> > transfers still happen but no audio is passed in either
> > direction.  It starts happening on a percentage of the calls
> > until it builds to the point where no transfered calls get
> > audio.  One of our systems is now sitting in that state in
> > case there's some debugging I can do to track this down.
>
> Could be a memory leak.

After examining memory usage and our code, I coded up this application
entirely in asterisk and let 'er run for a bit.  To my surprise, it
exhibited the same problem.  Here's what I did:

[intrunk]
; match any 10 digit dialed, and prepend a 1 for the country code
exten=_XXXXXXXXXX,1,Prefix,1
; dial in default context with extension converted from above
exten=_1XXXXXXXXXX,2,Goto,default|${EXTEN}|1

[default]
exten=_17005559248,1,Goto(ccmenu,s,1)
exten=_1XXXXXX4636,1,Goto(ccmenu,s,1)
exten=_1XXXXXX6338,1,Goto(ccmenu,s,1)

[ccmenu]
exten=s,1,Ringing
exten=s,2,Wait,2
exten=s,3,BackGround(5045)
exten=s,4,Goto,outtrunk|17005554223|1   ; if they just wait
exten=_X,1,Goto,outtrunk|17005554223|1  ; if they press 0-9
exten=_*,1,Goto,outtrunk|17005554223|1  ; if they press *
exten=_#,1,Goto,outtrunk|17005554223|1  ; if they press #

[outtrunk]
; match any US, and strip leading 1 off
exten=_1XXXXXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
; dial outbound on trunk group 1
exten=_XXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial,Zap/g1/${EXTEN}

Ran fine for the first few hundred calls, then the transfer still
happened, but no audio was passed in either direction.  Doing a
'restart now' makes it work again for another few hundred calls.