[Asterisk-Dev] FAX Subsystem discussion.

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Thu Apr 17 20:53:30 MST 2003

A couple more thoughts I wanted to mention. It is likely that an existing
fax server would regard it's self as a real-time application. It is possible
that operating this program and asterisk at the same time could lead to
compromised operation of one or both.

Another thing was that I was basing my position on an assumption that fax
protocol handshaking has stringent timing requirements. It is possible that
this is not the case and replys might just be waited for. If so, reliable
fax transmission streams might be accomplished with a special echocan that
takes advantage of the one-sided-ness of a fax transmission. Mark's
daggressive_suppresion might be tweeked for this without too much change.
I'll see what i can find out...

John