[Asterisk-Dev] FAX Subsystem discussion.

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Thu Apr 17 07:09:36 MST 2003

There was talk of this before, and my suggestion was just build a virtual
device driver for hylafax. Hylafax is the defacto standard in faxing
applications, and works with many faxmodem drivers. All we need is a
totally software faxmodem driver so hylafax thinks it is talking to a real
modem. The other side of the driver can talk to whatever necessary on the
asterisk side.