[Asterisk-Dev] single bit T1 errors (Zhone again)

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue Apr 15 09:03:21 MST 2003

This is sort of a followup to my ALIT testing problems.

I have a problem where sometimes a call rings through to extensions, and
after the first ring, gets hung up on. I was watching this in the console
just now, and what happened was asterisk thought one of the other phones
was answered and immediately hung up (not the phone beside me but one in a
group that ring together.) Now, no one else was even here at the time. What
I am thinking actually happened was due to the ringing or whatever else
going on with the extension, an offhook condition was incorrectly detected
for a split second, but long enough to answer and then disconnect the call.

I think the solution is essentially the same as for the ALIT testing (no,
not getting it disabled like I ended up doing), but being able to ignore a
couple of bad bits that represent less than a specified interval of time.

I would be more than happy to work on this, but as I said in my last email,
I need some help with what order the events in the driver are expected, and
how to establish timing on them.

Does anyone else with the zhones see this sort of stuff ?
Incidentally this seemed to get a lot worse when I upgraded the asterisk
box to a computer that is much faster.