[Asterisk-Dev] Voicetronix driver for V6PCI/V12PCI - first draft

Paul Bagyenda bagyenda at dsmagic.com
Sat Apr 12 03:09:53 MST 2003

Good people,

  Please find attached a first shot at a driver for the Voicetronix
OpenSwitch hardware. It does work (ish).  After paying $900-odd for it
I figured I might try to make it work with Asterisk (could never get
enough documentation on Bayonne!)

  I have problems with the audio quality, and since am new to Asterisk,
I could really do with some input. First is that because the
voicetronix api does not provide a nice way for one to emulate a file
descriptor per channel (for asterisk to monitor for exceptions and
data-ready), I had to use the monitor thread to generate data-ready on
a pipe to force asterisk to keep trying to read from the channels if I
wanted any audio recording.  In addition, I can't figure out a way to
generate exceptions for asterisk, in order to pass hangup and such.

Any changes, additions, help would be very welcome. I think it would be
a great addition to Asterisk.

Cheers
P.