[Asterisk-Dev] SIP-to-IAX[2] problems

Jim Gottlieb jimmy-ml at nccom.com
Sat Apr 12 01:39:07 MST 2003

The other day this was only failing for IAX2 calls.  Now it's failing
for IAX calls as well.

ATA-186 --SIP-G.729--> asterisk --IAX[2]-GSM--> asterisk

There are no errors printed on the gateway asterisk machine (the call
falls through to the 'invalid' handler), but the destination has this
to say:

WARNING[23568]: File channel.c, Line 1631 (ast_channel_make_compatible): No path to translate from Zap/1-1(68) to IAX[nccom at jtsd05]/6(256)
WARNING[23568]: File newt-asterisk.c, Line 496 (newt_exec): Unable to make channels compatible

That second one is obviously from our program.  What we do is if the
channel type is IAX or IAX2 or sip, then we allocate a psuedo channel
with ast_request and then call ast_channel_make_compatible with the
pseudo channel and the Zap channel.

When calls come into the gateway via PRI, the call successfully
connects to the destination machine.

Thanks...