[Asterisk-Dev] A few points

Thu Apr 10 00:19:38 MST 2003

Just a couple of queries/teething problems..

1) Is it possible to print a timestamp and a channel identifier on each line
of the debug output seen with asterisk -vvvr?

2) I have applied Pauline Middlelink's asterisk patch and my modem.conf
looks like:
group=1         ; group=1,2,3,9-12
features=noquelch
msn=xxxxxxxx    ; Altered to protect me :)
device => /dev/ttyI0
device => /dev/ttyI1

Everything 'seems' to work, except I can't send DTMF tones. I am using two
sip phones on a ATA186 and they can talk to asterisk to dial numbers and
transfer calls, just can't send DTMF to the remote end connected from the
ISDN

Note: I have also applied the kernel patch to disable DTMF detection from
the kernel (It would be nice to get an official kernel patch that supplies a
/proc interface to turning this on and off .... or actually fix the dtmf
detection properly... or am I dreaming)

3) How can I dial out on a zap/1-1 ? I have the following two lines in
extensions.conf:
exten => _0.,1,Dial,Zap/g2:${EXTEN:1}||t
exten => _9.,1,Dial,Modem/g1:${EXTEN:0}||t

When I use a 9 to dialout it all works, but when I use a 0 I get the
recorded message from the telco that the number is not valid check it and
try again.

4) How do I get my phone on the USB FXS to use # to transfer calls etc? It
doesn't seem to work properly

5) How can I pickup a call from a different phone that is ringing. eg,
SIP/601 is ringing and I want to pick it up from my Zap/2-1 or vice-versa?

Thanks,
Adam