[Asterisk-Dev] unique cdr id per call

Michiel Betel michiel at betel.nl
Thu Apr 3 13:16:57 MST 2003

After some source reading I think currently CDR's report on call-legs only.
That will make it pretty hard to report on complex routed calls and to do
cradle to grave tracing. (CLI is when you get one are not unique) I think it
would make sense to add a unique ID to a call, e.g. all legs of it (same way
Aspect & Genesys do).

Looking at the code this would be do-able in channel.c by adding an ID field
to the channel struct. If  NULL its the first leg otherwise keep its value
and write to cdr. If transferred copy it to the new bridge, if hung up the
channel is gone, thus the ID..

Still some things to figure out like:
     how to handle calls from another switch?
     haven't looked at conferening yet...
     how to generate a unique number...

But am I overlooking things?

Michiel Betel