[Asterisk-Dev] Sending ANI via MF T-1 Trunks

Tom Zimnicki asterisk at eol.ca
Thu Apr 3 10:49:46 MST 2003

Thanks for the response Mark,

Basically what we are going to try and accomplish is have it so that a 10
Digit Phone Number would be mapped to an extension and if someone at that
extension should dial 911, the call would be forwarded out one of the T-1's
connected to the PSAP. (Ideally, to the T-1 that we would designate
'Primary' and to the one marked 'Secondary' in case of a failure of the
'Primary') The phone number would need to be sent along with the call via
ANI.

When the 911 Operator answers, he/she will need to be able to force an
'off-hook' condition on the extension via MF to keep the line open.

I have a document with some more technical info. Those who might be
interested in helping can reply to me directly for it.

Thanks,

Tom