[Asterisk-bsd] SILK translator

Todd Mortimer todd.mortimer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:03:26 CDT 2012

Hello,

I recently put together a translator module for Skype's SILK codec that works with asterisk 10.

https://github.com/mordak/codec_silk

I am running asterisk on OS X, so can't use the binary module that digium is distributing. I figured that it might be useful to others who want to experiment with SILK but aren't on Linux. I haven't tested it at all with FreeBSD, but don't think I did anything that would prevent it from working.

I will be maintaining this for my own purposes going forward, and am happy to incorporate feedback / changes. In particular, if anyone has any pointers for getting at subsequent frames in the jitterbuffer from a translator module, then I would be interested in supporting the SILK LBRR packet loss concealment.

Cheers,
Todd