[Asterisk-bsd] FreePBX on FreeBSD

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Sep 22 20:17:08 CDT 2011

On 09/22/2011 03:48, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> Doug Barton wrote:
>> I'm working on a FreeBSD port of FreePBX. I've seen the posts from Kurt
>> and Ian about their success in getting it running, so I'm hopeful, but
>> I've run into a lot of problems.
>
> Let me know how I can help.  I see this a greatly advantageous.
> There are some mods that I'd like to contribute back to the FreePBX
> project that will improve portability.

Thanks! If you'd like to send me any patches you have against 2.9.0 I'll
see what I can do about incorporating them.

>> My approach so far has been massive amounts of sed to try and get the
>> paths in the various scripts to match what FreeBSD ports usually do.
>> I've been partially successful in getting install_amp to run, and I've
>> gotten to the point that it's starting to run the update scripts in
>> freepbx-2.9.0/upgrades/ and I've hit a snag. It wants to connect to
>> something like this:
>>
>> $astman = new AGI_AsteriskManager();
>> if ($res = $astman->connect("127.0.0.1", $amp_conf["AMPMGRUSER"] ,
>> $amp_conf["AMPMGRPASS"])) {
>
> This is a connection to the asterisk manager port.

*headslap* Thanks ... I know FreeBSD, and FreeBSD ports well, I'm still
coming up to speed on on asterisk.

>> I'm also curious if anyone who has this running sees serious flaws in
>
> Now, I'm curious... what flaw do you see?

... other than the software itself? :)  My approach so far has been to
try to get the thing to *install* using more-or-less FreeBSD-standard
methods/locations. Given that I haven't been successful in getting it to
install yet I am wondering if anyone who *has* it running sees any
cliffs that I'm going to drive over when I do get it running.

Doug

			-- OK Go