[Asterisk-bsd] FreePBX on FreeBSD

Roger Marquis marquis at roble.com
Tue Oct 18 22:46:00 CDT 2011

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:59:50PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>> My approach so far has been massive amounts of sed to try and get the
>> paths in the various scripts to match what FreeBSD ports usually do.
>
> Offhand, I'd think this is the wrong approach to try.
> See my comments below about a different way to fix the code.

Doug has given up on porting FreePBX to FreeBSD but, $1,500 and 3 months
later, we do have a nearly complete port.  Would appreciate it (and pay
for it) if anyone on this list could finish it or perhaps just install
FreePBX on our test server.  The current effort can be downloaded by
either cvs:

  setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anonymous at apps.roble.com:/ports/www
  cvs login
  cvs co freepbx

or http:

  http://apps.roble.com/src/freepbx_20111018.tgz

It apparently runs to the point of installing the files then starts on
the "upgrade" directories, however, most of the upgrade scripts fail
(though they do run from the command line).  Something about the way they
are called by install_amp makes them fail. (per Doug)

I think par of the problem may be the attempt to do things the "FreeBSD
way" i.e., installing everything under /usr/local instead of installing
in /usr/local/freepbx and creating a few symlinks in /usr/local/bin.

Please let me know if you are interested in finishing this port and if
you need a server to test on.

Roger Marquis