[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk port and portupgrade

Florian Smeets flo at smeets.im
Mon Jun 27 16:25:05 CDT 2011

On 15.06.11 10:07, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> Florian Smeets wrote:
>> On 13.06.11 16:57, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
>>> I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that when the asterisk
>>> port is upgraded with portupgrade, the asterisk user is removed
>>> from the dahdi group and not re-added.  I'll re-check if port
>>> correctly installs the asterisk user in the dahdi group (I don't
>>> think it does, but I'm not sure now)
>>
>> which asterisk port are you talking about? I just tried it with
>> net/asterisk and it does work. Before and after the update i have
>>
>>    uid=931(asterisk) gid=931(asterisk) groups=931(asterisk),843(dahdi)
>>
>> I used portmaster though i do not think this should make a difference.
>
> The server in question is 8.2-STABLE compiled on May 2, 2011.  It
> happened most recently when I manually upgraded from asterisk-1.6
> to asterisk-1.8.3.  The steps I performed were from an older ports
> tree:
>
> 1. build asterisk-1.8.3
> 2. pkg_delete asterisk-addons asterisk-1.6
> 3. install asterisk-1.8.3
>
> The dahdi group in /etc/group at this point dropped the asterisk
> user.  I manually added asterisk to the dahdi group.  Then, I cvsuped
> and cvs updated the ports tree to latest and did a portupgrade -vf
> asterisk to upgrade to asterisk-1.8.4.2.  After this completed, I
> again had to add asterisk to the dahdi group in /etc/group.

Hi,

i cannot reproduce this. I just upgraded another server from 1.8.4.2 to
1.8.4.3 and after the upgrade i still have asterisk in the dahdi group:

flo at tb:~ 37 > id asterisk
uid=931(asterisk) gid=931(asterisk) groups=931(asterisk),843(dahdi)
flo at tb:~ 38 > grep dahdi /etc/group
dahdi:*:843:asterisk

Can you still reproduce this when upgrading to 1.8.4.3?

Cheers,
Florian