[Asterisk-bsd] fxotune on BSD systems

Ian FREISLICH ianf at clue.co.za
Wed Jun 1 04:51:24 CDT 2011

Matt Riddell wrote:
> On 31/05/11 7:51 PM, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> > As far as I was aware, you didn't need to fxotune with hardware
> > echo canceller.
>
> I thought fxotune was for setting base impedance settings and would give
> a better line on which the echo can could work.

It seems I was wrong.  There's a nice description here:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-January/203778.html

Back to the OP...

I have the following hardware with their linux driver I ported to
FreeBSD:

ystdm0: vendor=e159 device=1 subvendor=2151
ystdm0: <YSTDM8xx REV E> port 0xc400-0xc4ff mem 0xfdffd000-0xfdffdfff irq 17 at device 20.0 on pci0
Freshmaker version: 89
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 4: Not installed
Module 5: Not installed
Module 6: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 7: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO

I get different results for the same PSTN line plugged into different
ports.  But, the results change change when I change to a different
PSTN line on the same port.  I always put it down to manufacture
tollerance on analog components.  This however does not sufficiently
explain the results in the OP.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich