[Asterisk-bsd] FreeBSD DAHDI port - Error message on Install

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 09:41:07 CST 2011

Installing Asterisk from ports requires that Dahdi be installed first. I wish
like hell the techs would say this in the docs and probably somewhere they do,
but like most FreeBSD stuff it's deep down in there and you won't find it
readily.

Anyway, your Asterisk install may have crapped because it found Dahdi missing.
The port is supposed to install it but Dahdi requires the entire sources to be
installed on your hard drive as well before it will install. If not the install
will halt and you may not have seen that error. What you're seeing below is
notification that Asterisk was looking for Dahdi and when it did not find them
it halted. Try to install the sources and then rerun the install for Asterisk.
It may be that you have to restart from scratch.