[Asterisk-bsd] problem in Te121 set up on freebsd

takCoder tak.official at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 07:52:54 CDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

i'm trying to setup a te121 E1 card on a Freebsd 8.2 machine. according to
the manuals, i followed these steps:
1- install dahdi-kmod and dahdi from ports.
2- add dahdi_enable="yes" and dahdi_modules="wcte12xp" lines to my rc.conf
3- put a system.conf with sample configs in /usr/local/etc/dahdi/
4- ran dahdi_cfg -v
5- restart /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dahdi

now i have the "te12xp0" in "pciconf -lv" output and when restarting the
system, in dmesg i have the following lines:

*dahdi: Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
dahdi: Version: 2.4.0-rc5
te12xp0: vendor=d161 device=8000 subvendor=ffffffff
te12xp0: <Wildcard TE121> port 0xb000-0xb0ff mem 0xe1000000-0xe10003ff irq
16 at device 8.0 on pci2
te12xp0: [FILTER]
te12xp0: Setting up global serial parameters for E1
te12xp0: Found a Wildcard TE121
dahdi: Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)*

but i don't know next steps for freebsd.. as i saw in linux manual, for
cisco hdlc, we have to recompile the kernel with hdlc support. but i can't
find the options for freebsd kernel.. would someone please help me?? i'm new
in this field and can't find any more info about how to do it..

also, i don't know other ways to enable the card.. are there any?

it would be really appreciated if anyone shows me any points or hints..
Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
takcoder