[Asterisk-bsd] FreeBSD asterisk port update?

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Fri Oct 15 21:59:54 CDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Max Khon <fjoe at samodelkin.net> wrote:
> Alejandro,
>
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org> wrote:

>> > You should use ports/net/asterisk16. It is currently on 1.6.2.13.
>>
>> 1.6 (dahdi) won't compile on FBSD 7 that's why I asked the OP for the
>> FBSD version.
>> If she's using FBSD 7 then she should sticj to 1.4 IMHO. If on 8 then
>> 1.6 is fine and in fact the default version for FBSD 8
>
> Do you mean that ports/misc/dahdi is not currently buildable on FreeBSD 7?
> I'll check that and if it is broken there will be a fix.

I tried everything to try to build 1.6 and dadhi simply didn't build here:

FreeBSD  7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 24 19:59:52 UTC
2008     root at logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

1.4 compiled perfectly on the same exact machine and it's working
beautifully and very stable for quite some time. I have 1.6 on FBSD 8,
no hiccups whatsoever building or running here:

FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #0: Sat Nov 21 15:02:08 UTC
2009     root at mason.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
amd64

> It was buildable before and I check that it can be built on FreeBSD 7

It may be my specific release I guess, but I have a faint memory
reading about problems w/ 1.6 on 7 and that's why I tried 1.4 and it
worked perfectly.

> periodically and this is the first time I hear about such problems.

Again, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I tried 1.4 precisely
because I had read it somewhere, but this was many months ago so I
really can't say for sure.

Alex