[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk on BSD

Ian FREISLICH ianf at clue.co.za
Wed Oct 13 13:23:41 CDT 2010

Hi

Just wanted to say thank you to Max and others for all his hard
work porting and maintaining the BSD port of Asterisk.

We replaced a very unstable Debian PBX with FreeBSD against everyones
advice some time ago and it's been rock solid:

pbx*CLI> core show uptime
System uptime: 5 weeks, 16 hours, 8 minutes, 56 seconds
Last reload: 5 days, 17 hours, 35 minutes, 14 seconds
pbx*CLI> core show channels
14 active channels
7 active calls
63240 calls processed

I'm about to replace the second half of this telephone system -
also a regularly crashing Debian box.  It's less the replacing of
linux and more that we were able to prevent a proprietry Telco PBX
from being installed at great cost.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich