[Asterisk-bsd] dahdi from portstree and x100p

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 07:22:00 CDT 2010

--- On Sun, 4/25/10, Mark Huizer <xaa+asteriskbsd at dohd.org> wrote:

From: Mark Huizer <xaa+asteriskbsd at dohd.org>
Subject: [Asterisk-bsd] dahdi from portstree and x100p
To: Asterisk-BSD at lists.digium.com
Date: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 6:33 AM

Hi there,

I used to work with asterisk, a t400p card and freebsd.
Recently I bought a new server and I'll be using a x100p card in it.
Since I'm currently trying to get the machine up and running, I installed dahdi and asterisk1.6 on it, all from ports tree.

Am I correct in assuming that the x100p part from the dahdi source tree has not yet been ported to FreeBSD, since it's now built on installing the port?

If so... can I help in making it work? Is it a rather trivial job to transfor it to a kernel module?

Greetings

Mark

Please don't quote me because I am not a programmer but I an pretty sure you are correct in stating thet the wxfo and wxfs modules were removed from the Dahdi port. I used to run Asterisk with an X101P pci card and it worked really good inspite of all the naysayers who said the cheap pci cards (I only paid $15 for mine including shipping) were too unreliable to bother with. At one point I even converted over to Linux as the needed modules were available.
Why the heck the BSD crowd chose to remove these from the port is disheartening because it basically rendered my setup useless unless I either became a programmer or bought a $400 TDM card.