[Asterisk-bsd] OSLEC on FreeBSD - floating point in kernel (part 2)

Max Khon fjoe at samodelkin.net
Sat Oct 24 00:39:15 CDT 2009

Hello, Ian!

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Ian FREISLICH <ianf at clue.co.za> wrote:

> > > I looked through the code briefly. Yes, it looks like it should work if
> you
> > > just replace float with int32_t.
> > > Does it work for you in this case well enough?
> >
> > I'm still porting the driver for my 8 port TDM PCI-e card.  When
> > that's working, I'll see.
>
> I am still unable to get zaptel to work with my "Wildcard TDM400P
> REV I" on 8.0-RC1 with the MG2 echocan.  I experience the same issue
> with my TDM800E (esentially 2 TDM400 cards on a single lane
> PCI-express) probably because I ported the linux driver using the
> the wctdm driver as the template.
>
> Asterisk reports:
> [Sep 25 23:54:00] WARNING[1077] chan_dahdi.c: Unable to open
> '/dev/zap/channel':
>  Permission denied
> [Sep 25 23:54:00] ERROR[1077] chan_dahdi.c: Unable to open channel 1:
> Permission
>  denied
>
> ls -l /dev/zap
> total 0
> crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    0, 113 Sep 25 23:54 channel2
> crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    0, 109 Sep 25 23:53 ctl
> crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    0, 115 Sep 25 23:54 pseudo4
> crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    0, 112 Sep 25 23:53 timer1
> crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    0, 114 Sep 25 23:54 timer3
>
> It looks like the device nodes aren't correctly made.

Digium will create semi-official dahdi branch in their main svn really soon.
I'll send an announcement to asterisk-bsd@ once it is ready. Currently we
have only two dahdi drivers ported (wcb4xxp and wct4xxp). And I want to have
more.

I can look at wctdm if you will provide me a remote access to the host with
this card and a PSTN connection to dial in (for tests) and a serial console.
I will also need an assistance to reboot the box in cases when it is not
possible to do so from a serial console, or an access to remote power
switch.

Max