[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel Not Working After Upgrading OS & Asterisk

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 17:32:06 CDT 2009

I just rebuilt my server and installed FreeBSD-7.2-PRERELEASE-i386. I updated the ports and installed Asterisk-1.4.23.1 with Zaptel-1.4.11. My system has an X101P card and all was working well until I updated. I can put the old hard drive back in and all works well. But the new setup is missing something. Other than Zaptel Asterisk works fine.

I can start Asterisk and check voicemail and listen to MOH. But when I run zttool it shows there is nothing there.

asterisk# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    7 0xc0400000 9f845c   kernel
 2    1 0xc0df9000 6a45c    acpi.ko
 3    4 0xc4020000 34000    zaptel.ko
 4    1 0xc4081000 b000     wctdm.ko
 5    1 0xc4091000 1f000    wctdm24xxp.ko
 6    1 0xc40b4000 5000     wct1xxp.ko

There doesn't seem to be any error messages at boot time with zaptel. And as you can see above, kldstat shows the card modules got loaded and dmesg shows this:

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Zaptel Version: zaptel-bsd-ng v0.0.1
Zaptel Echo Canceller: MG2
link_elf: symbol te11xp_remove_one undefined

Any advice?