[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk eats all CPU

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Sun Mar 29 02:17:06 CDT 2009

Hi,

Andrii Arsirii wrote:
> Try this:
> 1) Try to compile debug version of asterisk,

I tried it but it seems not to work.
What I did is:
1. edited /etc/make.conf:
CFLAGS=-g -O1 -pipe
2. recompiled asterisk from port
3. start asterisk with:
gdb /usr/local/sbin/asterisk
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...(no debugging symbols
found)...

so something is wrong here.

> 2) launch it.
> 3) connect to it with GDB when it's in endless loop (0% idle).

is it possible to connect to a running process without starting it at
first with gdb together, if yes who should I do it?

Best regards
Matthias

Rich Cook