[Asterisk-bsd] wcfxo Removed from Zaptel

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 13 16:17:38 CDT 2009

Okay as a non-programmer it took me a little while to confirm but the wcfxo module has been removed from the latest zaptel port. Needless to say this has caused quite a problem for my setup which uses an X101P analog PCI card to connect to my PSTN.I guess the first question I have was why was this done? And I'm going to wager it was done by the porters who recently abandoned the Asterisk-BSD project.The old zaptel ports don't seem to function with the latest Asterisk. I was able to get Fedora running with Dahdi but the IP phones I have echo like crazy with this setup. The old zaptel setup I have does not have this echo problem using the very same phones. So is there any chance that the wcfxo modules will be reinstated into the zaptel port?