[Asterisk-bsd] zaptel and 1.4.22`

Luiz Otavio O Souza lists.br at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 04:45:11 CST 2009

> Hi all,
> I feel I have started a flame war.  Sorry.

Not a chance ;)

> I was going to use Asterisk with a Moodle I am building.  The meetme
> function
> in Asterisk was to be the VoIP component.  Meetme needs ztdummy for
> timing.
> Zaptel builds, loads and generally performs as expected. No issue here.
>
> However in order for Asterisk to use ztdummy it need a library
> called "ztdummy.ko.so", please note the missleading naming the ""name is
> correct, this is missing from Asterisk.
>
> Back at Moodle the audioconferencing module specifically looks
> for "ztdummy.ko.so" to be loaded, when it can't find it the install config
> of
> the module blows up, stops.
>
> Cheers John

I've checked and the ports version of zaptel is installing the ztdummy.ko in
/usr/local/lib/zaptel with all others modules.

I don't know moodle, but i think it will not directly use the ztdummy
module, so maybe, you can create a link from ztdummy.ko to ztdummy.ko.so.

I think all you need is (load the ztdummy module !):

# kldload /usr/local/lib/zaptel/ztdummy.ko

If this work you can save this in your /etc/rc.conf:

zaptel_kmod_load="zaptel.ko ztdummy.ko"

Add any other driver you need (if you have some interface card supported by
zaptel drivers).

I can't talk abou ztdummy config on asterisk, never used before :)

Cheers Luiz