[Asterisk-bsd] FreeBSD 7.1 and WanPipe

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Tue Apr 7 03:17:39 CDT 2009

Adam Vande More wrote:
> Alex, the freebsd support person at Sangoma, is the person responsible
> for this afaik--he has been made aware of the workaround for this
> situation.  Sangoma has also been made aware of false advertising on
> their website on multiple occasions.  I'll leave to you to decide what
> that means about the company.  I know if I had a choice now, I'd ditch
> my Sangoma products in heartbeat.

I am surprised to read this because I certainly have brought it to
Alex's attention 2 months ago when I needed to get an A102 working under
FreeBSD 7.1.  I've been using Sangoma products under FreeBSD for years,
and frankly their support has gone from great to terrible.  I eventually
ended up installing linux, but even that was riddled with problems also
due to Wanpipe issues that were pending a fix from Sangoma.  I ended up
using Elastix as it comes with precompiled and compatible binaries of
everything (even wanpipe) which simply works, even if they aren't the
latest versions.

Over here one has to pay a premium for Sangoma products compared to
Digium products.  Even if that weren't the fact I'm still not inclined
to touch Sangoma again until they get their act sorted out.

Regards,
Aragon