[Asterisk-bsd] hey gonzo you alivw

Richard Neese r.neese at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 08:13:02 CDT 2008

Frank Griffith wrote:

> [...]
I updated the port. I will attach in a email to you . you install from
the port . asterisk is in the ports also.  I am working on app_flite now
+ updating flite port . from 1.3.0 to 1.3.99  and pocketsphinx
and sphinxbase are also getting updated. I will be pr-ing this coming
week to get the ports updated.

the asterisk lay out and build on bsd has 1 issue. and I will lay out a
build as best I can.

When you install asterisk on bsd the one thing that is not run is make
menuselect.
so when you goto /usr/ports/net/asterisk you have to run make and wait
till you see the configure end and then stop the build. then cd
work/asterisk and gmake menuselect and go threw the options, then cd
../../ and make. this will then make and install asterisk as you have
requested.

. I am workking to make menuselect run as a post configuration in the
next port update. I am also working to have it run on asterisk-addons
also.  other then that the lay  on bsd is different.

/var/lib/asterisk is moved to /usr/local/share/asterisk
/usr/lib/asterisk is moved to /usr/local/lib/asterisk
/usr/include/asterisk is moved to /usr/local/include/asterisk and
/etc/asterisk is moved to /usr/local/etc/asterisk these are the major
changes along with zaptel and libpri wich are also installed.

other then that it preforms very stable.

any other questions feel free to ask... as I also said I am going to get
back to asterisk 1.6 to get it ported. as fast as I can.