[Asterisk-bsd] CAPI and ISDN DDI Configuration

Matej Ondrusek matej at matej.sk
Fri Sep 12 03:46:10 CDT 2008

Hello,

> 1. Sharing Asterisk on the same NT with an existing PBX:
> We have an ISDN line with 4 NTs (8 BRI channels) and 100 telephone numbers
> for DDI. The protocol is point-to-point.
> Since connecting Asterisk behind the existing PBX is not possible, I share
> one of the NTs with the existing PBX.
> I assume that the existing PBX listens to all DDI Numbers. How can I
> configure Asterisk to listen to one number without interfering with the
> other PBX?

In my opinion, in point-to-point mode of ISDN line, the telecom
exchange expects that one and only one ISDN device is connected. In
fact, that's the difference between point-to-point mode and
point-to-multipoint mode.

So I think there is no correct way how to operate two ISDN devices
(asterisk + pbx) on one ISDN line in p2p mode.