[Asterisk-bsd] Update on zaptel-bsd

Oleksandr Tymoshenko gonzo at pbxpress.com
Thu May 22 17:38:19 CDT 2008

Hello, people.

     OK, it's time to admit that our small team can't match
the pace of Digium's full-time developers and merge all patches
to zaptel-bsd sources in time. port and svn quite
outdated. I tried to update them several times but was distracted by
other things. The last time I decided to give a try to my old idea.
Porting process is quite routine and bsd-only chunks of code were
written a couple of years ago and hasn't been changed much since then.
So it was obvious to automate this process with some kind of script.
This script and its output could be found in -ng branch in zaptel-bsd svn.

https://svn.pbxpress.com:1443/repos/zaptel-bsd/branches/ng/

On the moment "beastify" ports zaptel, ztcfg, wctdm and wctdm24xxp. Original
sources were taken from zaptel-1.4.9.2. wctdm and wctdm24xxp detect
cards though I had no time to test calls yet. No VPM support, but
it's in TODO. Even if this idea will fail for hardware modules, "zaptel"
module should be handled with this script just fine and it will help
hw vendors who support FreeBSD (like Sangoma) to maintain bsd version of
their drivers.

Hope to get back to you with more news soon.

--
Sincerely,

Oleksandr Tymoshenko
PBXpress Communications, Inc.