[Asterisk-bsd] TE122 on FreeBSD 6.x

Tom Daly tom at dyndns.com
Mon Mar 31 15:56:29 CDT 2008

> We've been running asterisk 1.4 for years now on a FreeBSD 5.4 box
> with SIP only connectivity. We're finally going to be upgrading our
> corporate telephone system to asterisk (away from 3Com NBX) and
> purchased a TE122 with Octastic daughterboard for T-1 PRI
> connectivity. This may have been a short sighted purchase on our part,
> as we don't currently see zaptel-bsd support for this card.
>
> Does anyone have the TE122 working on FreeBSD 6.x? Are there any
> public patches for the card?

I can get the wcte12xp kernel module to recognize the card by adding the device numbers to wcte12xp.c, compiling, and reloading the kmod. After doing this, running ztcfg gets me "ZT_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: Invalid argument (22)" and I've been stuck here all day. I don't have any other T-1 cards in my possession to test with so I can't rule too many items out here.

Tom