[Asterisk-bsd] looking for updates

Richard Neese r.neese at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 10:48:10 CDT 2008

ok I have been working on 1.6.0 this last week. I have adterisk-addons and
libpri patched. I am working on asterisk but I need some info about the codec
negositaion patches. What changes do they make and why are they needed.

Also when is zaptel going to be update to 1.4.9.2 ? as currently there are
some breaks . Wanpipe will not work for sangoma cards for 1.

has anyone else been patching 1.6.0 and willing to pass what you have done.

We also need a headcount of users of asterisk on bsd so we can show this as a
viable project. I put alot of my time into this but never really know if its
being used or not.

CUrrently I have gotten a few new ports added for use with asterisk.

FLite-1.3 PockectSphinx Sphinxbase and Sphinx3 are now in the bsd ports.

I am working on the asterisk-flite-0.5 port and the asterisk-espeak-0.4 ports
now .

I am also updating the espeak port. As it seems espeak is going to be what
replaces flite. it seems cmu is no longer updating flite.  and festival seems
to not be growing either. Cypestrel has no plans to port to bsd.

SO I am doing what I can to get more working on BSD . it takes up alot of my
free time. but I find it worth it.

SO please help where you can.