[Asterisk-bsd] missing destination extension in chan_capi, incoming calls fail

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Wed Mar 26 05:33:35 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Michael Iedema <michael at askozia.com> wrote:
> On 3/16/08, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:
>  > Hi Michael,
>  >
>  >  With regard to chan_capi there is an "immediate" option which will make an "s"
>  >  out of empty destination numbers. That might be your problem, to make the
>  >  dialplan match against an empty number:
>  >
>  >         if (cd->cep) {
>  >
>  >             start_immediate = (cd->options.immediate && (cd->dst_telno[0] ==
>  >  0));
>  >
>  >             if (cd->flags.sending_complete_received || start_immediate) {
>  >
>  >                 /* number is complete, try to start the PBX */
>  >
>  >                 cd_start_pbx(pp_cd, start_immediate ? "s" :
>  >  &(cd->dst_telno[0]));
>  >                 cd = *pp_cd;
>  >             }
>  >

>  Thanks for the tip!
>
>  I've added immediate=yes to the generated configs and am now
>  generating an 's' extension for the provider's incoming extension.
>  I'll post back again once some users can test these changes.

Unfortunately, still no luck here. Incoming calls using PTP-TE mode
are still failing for multiple people. We've tried:

 - setting immediate=yes / no
 - setting isdnmode=did / msn

Every time, there is no destination extension set. Since these are
incoming calls which are failing, I can rule out mistakes in the
Dial() settings. I have a stack of capi.conf, extensions.conf and
d-channel traces from a few different people but cannot locate what's
going wrong. The latest of these submissions is here[1].

More documentation about how capi.conf and isdnconfig should be
configured using PTP-TE mode specifically would be great if there are
some floating around. Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,
-Michael

[1] http://lists.askozia.com/pbx-users/showmsg.php?id=10/08