[Asterisk-bsd] RES: Hi all

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 14:56:42 CDT 2008

At the risk of sounding redundant, why not just install Asterisk from the ports collection. Everything you need to run on 7,0-RELEASE or 7,0-STABLE is right there and builds in one operation, including zaptel.

Of course, I know it's easy to oversimplify, but I'd do a fresh install of 7.0-STABLE, then install the ports and do this:

cd /usr/ports/net/asterisk && make install clean

Select the zaptel driver and any other of the options you wish when the config screen displays, then sit back for about an hour and "you're in like Flynn".

I'm running 7.0-STABLE with Asterisk 1.4.20.1. It's a solid as can be for my use. But being that you have 150 phones at risk, I'd take it one step further. 80 GB hard drives can be had for less than $50 these days. Pickup a new drive, build the new setup and then test it before blasting away your stable operation. If all works well then "you're in like Flynn".

Who the heck is that Flynn guy anyway.... ;-)

Good luck.