[Asterisk-bsd] freebsd port patches to Asterisk (new topic)

Richard Neese r.neese at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:35:09 CST 2008

portsnap fetch , portsnap extract , instll port upgrade, and run
portupgrade -acCD as that asterisk in the ports is now 1.4.17

aslo before running portupgrade cd /usr/ports/net/asterisk and ee the Makefile
and change mpg123 to madplay . as mpg123 is crap.

I am working on the 1.6-beta-devel branch now

On January 22, 2008 08:12:24 am Johansson Olle E wrote:
> Ok, Richard,
> I've reviewed the patches in the files section of the port and here's
> my random comments:
> -----------
> I made some pretty serious bug fixes in the latest release of 1.4, so
> I would like to see the BSD port updated to that version. I might not
> have updated my port library for a few weeks, but right now it
> downloads 1.4.13 where sip.conf canreinvite=yes doesn't work between
> two asterisk servers.
>
> Looking through the patches, I note that a few are included in 1.4,
> some others should be.
>
> Some of the patches are actually a bit more of the kind "I like it
> this way" and enforced to the FreeBSD user, which I don't like. They
> should have the options to run a "clean" asterisk as well and be
> informed about changes done to the core Asterisk. And it's also a bit
> of a violation to the trademark, hint, hint :-)
>
> Who owns these patches and can assist me pushing through a few of them?
>
> The Makefile stuff with mkdir and $(MKDIR) seems a very simple one to
> make happen. Luigi should be able to handle those with his eyes
> closed :-)
>
> I don't know if we have to separate a "normal" FreeBSD install from an
> install by using the ports system. If so, we could propably fix our
> Makefiles to recognize that somehow.
>
> The AGI Makefile changes seems easy to handle too.
>
> The H323 Makefile patch is very specific to a ports-based install. I'm
> sure that could be handled if we can recognize a port-based install in
> the Makefile.
>
> The chan_h323.c file patch that includes sys/types.h could also easily
> be handled. Is this a generic bug or something that only shows on
> FreeBSD?
>
> The chan_sip patches are more "I like these new features". No bug
> fixes. The SIP_CODEC_USED is buggy, since we can actually support
> multiple codecs  in a call and switch during a call. The SIP Auth
> channel variables is an addition I don't really understand - are these
> changed during run time somehow? We already have multiple ways of
> configuring auth in SIP.
>
> the chan_skinny.c patch seems to be included already in 1.4.
>
> chan_zap patches I guess are for the FreeBSD zaptel version only. I'm
> sure these can be included under #ifdef options (and ./configure
> support) in Asterisk.  I don't see if there's any generic bug fixes
> here. If so, pls open a bug on the tracker.
>
> The configure patches seems simple - maybe Luigi can look at them?
>
> I don't understand the point of the patch to utils.h. Someone that can
> explain?
>
> The main/Makefile and main/db.c changes seems pretty straightforward.
> What's the benefits of using the db in FreeBSD? Something we should
> use to update the db included in Asterisk? Regardless, I don't see a
> problem with including these with #ifdefs
>
> The main/frame.c change is undocumented. What's the reason behind this
> [...]

Welcome to the World. An the World gets smaller.