[Asterisk-bsd] Hey guys a few issues.

Richard Neese r.neese at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:38:59 CST 2008

ok I have a few issues to confront here.

1)
We still have a major break in the asterisk and zaptel port builds. This is
due to the fact the port does not run the make menuselect. We need this
option to be avaible as it allows you to finetune your personal install. like
to choose not to install sounds and or choose diff lang sounds. it allows you
to not build channels and other things you dont need.

2)
 There is a issue with the asterisk port . I have explianed to sobomax in
emails that mpg123 is no longer needed yet it has not been pulled from the
port. it needed to be taken out. and made into a option for those who want
it.

3)
 pkg-plist is going to be a issue with this port because right now you can not
build the asterisk package unless you install the base sounds and base
music-on-hold. If I want to build a pkg with diff language sounds it wount
build.

I think that sounds should be pulled from the main bild and a port for each
diff language be made, and for the music on hold. this would allow for the
user to choose what sounds to use.

4)
in the zaptel port in the pkg-plist /etc/rc.d/zaptel is missing. so when you
make the package it is not included and there for you can not start zaptel.

5)
 we need to get more devs and porters to help stay ontop of these ports.
being sobomax never responds to any emails its time to find a commiter that
will respond in a timly manner with submitting port updates.

I hope you see and understand where I am coming from and that these changes
will only better asterisk on bsd......

--
Welcome to the World. An the World gets smaller.