[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk on Diskless Setup

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 07:58:25 CST 2008

I have tried once again to get Asterisk running on a diskless machine. All goes well until the zaptel port starts looking for the kernel sources in /usr/src/sys.

So far I have tried to make a symlink from /diskless_root/usr/src to /usr/src but that failed. I then copied all the files in /usr/src to /diskless_root/usr/src but again that failed. I checked to see that the /usr/src/sys/Makefile and /diskless_root/usr/src/sys/Makefile are in place and they are though only one of them is needed. According to the /usr/ports/misc/zaptel/Makefile, the zaptel port looks for /usr/src/sys/Makefile.

Before I start installing the Asterisk port, I setenv DESTDIR /diskless_root.

With this variable set at least the first few ports like mpg123 and others are installed in the /diskless_root partition not / which is where I want everything to be installed. But for some reason zaptel won't get past this and then of course the Asterisk build stops working.

Can anyone offer some advice here?

GERALD - Still trying to get this done as you can see.