[Asterisk-bsd] Fwd: Asterisk + BSD + Embedded

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:44:35 CDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:18 AM, satish patel <satish at linuxbug.org> wrote:
> I don't have but I am trying to install netBSD with Asterisk but not success
> I don't know how to start it If you have any idea please let me know

Please note: The IXP42X series processor is not supported by
the 'main' branch of most *BSD's which are for i386-type processors.

Information about NetBSD on ARM is available here:

http://www.netbsd.org/ports/arm/

The IXP42X series processors are supported by the
FreeBSD/ARM Project:

http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/arm.html

A good first step would be to install NetBSD or FreeBSD
on your embedded hardware, following the instructions
on the web sites.

Lets us know how you are doing with your project.

best regards
-kim