[Asterisk-bsd] Diskless Asterisk Server

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 21:08:03 CDT 2008

Okay, I know I'm probably pushing the envelope but I
did loads of experimenting with diskless setup this
past week. Getting past all the outdates docs, typos
and bad information was difficult, but this weekend I
got the diskless client to boot and got some of the
advanced configuration done with it. And I even got it
to work with 8.0-CURRENT.

Of course, now I would like to setup a diskless
machine to run Asterisk. I don't have any dough left
after paying my income tax to buy a Soekris box so I'm
making do with an older machine that has lost use of
it's hard drive.

Can anyone offer me some pointers on how I could
advance this process. I like asterisk as my phone
system but the thought of having to buy hard drives
every few years is starting to make me think, who
needs them when the diskless process could take their place.